Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hanging with the Swiss, not to be confused with Sweden

Hej-hej everyone! I'm slowly surviving this week, it's been a toughie. I have my portfolio for my practicum due on Monday (15 page paper) and I'm almost halfway done with it. That's not good enough, I know, but I promise all day Sunday will be dedicated to that thing. For the meantime, I'm visiting my friend Casey, who also goes to UT, in SWITZERLAND! This is the second time in my life I'll be taking a plane by myself, and then taking a train from Zurich to St. Gallen where she studies. It's supposed to be gorgeous, but could you expect anything less of Switzerland? Didn't think so. It should be a fun weekend :)
So last night after spending the day writing a paper that was due today, I joined Mary and Danielle for quiz night at The Dubliner. We were separated into different teams and went through 3 rounds of 10 questions of just random trivia. My main contribution to the group (I was the only American in my group, two were Danes and the other was British) was knowing the answers to 'what were the first names of the Wright brothers' and 'what are the 6 weapons in the game Clue'. Oh, and knowing how many dwarves in Snow White had beards. Other than that, I was clueless. We got 2nd place out of four teams, woohoo! haha Later that night...I took the last train home and fell asleep on the train. A guy woke me up at the last stop, and I realized I was now in a pretty bad situation--no more trains running, stranded at the last stop on the A line. Great. So I called my host sister to get the number of a taxi and then waited in the cold for one to arrive. Not a smart decision, next time I will MAKE myself stay awake!
After my portfolio is turned in on Monday, the work does not end. I still have a LOT to do. But I found out I made a B+ on both my Classical Foundations and International Advertising midterms, so that's good! For now, I'm going to kick back and enjoy Switzerland, and brace myself for the crazy week to come.

No comments: