Monday, April 20, 2009

Age ain't nothing but a number...unless its your 21st!


I'm 21 I'm 21 I'm 21! And no, I have not been carded yet :( And no, it's not a big deal at all here. I'll need some belated celebrations when I return! Anyways, it feels amazing to be back in Copenhagen and see that Tivoli is open, trees are blooming, and people are SITTING OUTSIDE! Who would have thought? I wish I could go outside and enjoy the weather more but I have sooooo much homework due. SOOO much. I'm talking 50 typed pages due within the next two weeks. Somehow, I will make it happen and still enjoy my last few weeks here---I'm determined! So back to my birthday...
   I got back into the big CPH Wednesday and had to leave yet again Friday evening for Amsterdam. So, needless to say, this traveling is wearing me down. Danielle and I checked into our boat hostel and hurried out so that we could ring in midnight (my bday) in the downtown area. I had a BLAST. We spent the weekend paddle-boating on the canals, exploring the Heineken brewery, shopping in the flower markets, and enjoying the sunshine that the Weather Channel had swore would not come our way (take that, weathermen!) 
Here we are about to take a canal cruise...see, not a cloud in the sky! Our flight didn't arrive back into Copenhagen until 8:30 this morning (Monday!) and we had the brilliant idea of sleeping in the Amsterdam airport...aka we didn't really get any sleep. But after class and work today I got a very nice surprise at home---thanks family for all of the wonderful cards!!!! It meant so much to me to come home and see all of these different birthday cards from the fam. And my host family cooked me a really nice dinner and even bought me a beautiful bouquet! Great birthday weekend, and now its time for an early night to bed so I'm fresh and ready to tackle all the homework I have this week....yuck

No comments: