Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gettin' ready to visit the dam...Amsterdam that is

Tomorrow morning at exactly 8 AM I will be climbing onto a bus bound for Amsterdam. This wonderful way to begin a Sunday morning marks the beginning of my three-week travel break! The Amsterdam visit will be from Sunday until Friday and is part of my child development program, so my same group that went on the short study tour around western Denmark will be going to Holland. Our first stop is actually Groningen in the Netherlands...don't really know too much about it, but I guess that's part of the adventure! Friday afternoon, I'll climb on a bus bound for Brussels, Belgium all by my lonesome and explore the city for the weekend, then hop on a plane back to Copenhagen to meet my parents at the airport!! Wahoo! Right now I'm sitting at my computer (obviously) procrastinating packing and fixing to take a shower and get ready for my host mom's birthday dinner. The extended family is due to arrive at 6pm and the food is going to be deliciousssss. I spent the morning chopping up onions for the french onion soup, so a few tears went into the making of this dinner.
    So what was Brooke up to this week? Well, I'll tell ya. First of all, I had two midterms on Friday. Two, on the same day. That's just wrong. So most of my week was dedicated to studying...oh whatever, for those of you that know me, you know I mostly procrastinated. But I did have a bit of fun Tuesday because it was St. Patrick's Day, and supposedly Copenhagen is known for a 3-legged race for charity. It started at 2:30pm and it involves tying your leg up to a partner and running around Copenhagen like a crazy person to 6 different pubs and chugging a beer at each! Hey, it's for charity. 
If you look at the above picture, you'll think, "wait, why are there THREE people?" Well my friends, my partner (Danielle) bailed on me last minute, so I was tied to my friend Mary and her boyfriend Scott. Yes, three of us, tied together, hobbling around Copenhagen. Most of the time we couldn't move because we were laughing too hard!! Alright, well that's all I have to say for now, so see ya after Amsterdam!


No comments: