Thursday, March 12, 2009

"This place just got attacked by Americans"

Sorry that this post won't hold anything very entertaining, but I mean you've only missed out on my Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and those are the most boring days of the week, right? Good, I'm glad you agree. In fact, they were so uneventful that I refuse to exert the effort needed to upload pictures. Hey, my blog, my rules. So let me give you an overview of the past three days of my life. In class on Monday, a "complaint sheet" went around and we all wrote comments on it regarding our long study tour. This is because when we came here we were all told our study tour would be 7 days long--Saturday to Saturday. Well, now we aren't slated to arrive in Holland until 8pm SUNDAY and we're leaving at 2pm FRIDAY. That's just insane! That's like...nothing. So we all requested that we get lots and lots of food and cultural excursions to compensate. That night I sat on my bed for four hours straight just looking up different travel options. I don't think I got a single thing done. Woohoo Mondays!
   Then Tuesday night was my friend Nick's birthday party at Wall Street Pub. He invited a ton of DIS students, so the place was swarming with Americans. The title of my blog is a direct quote from some Danish guy that was sitting at the bar. I agree with him though. We were unfamiliar with the area the pub was in, and actually ended up getting lost and walking around Norrebro, the 'dodgy' area of Copenhagen, for about 30 minutes trying to find the way home! Eek! But Wednesday was an absolutely amazing day. The sun was shining and it actually compelled me to jog along the beach. I sat and watched the water for a while, and then sat and watched the harbor. By far, one of the most beautiful days I've seen since I've been here. That evening I met up with the people I will be going to Rome with, and our instructor talked about what all we can expect to do and see while there. He's taking us EVERYWHERE, I'm so excited! That night my friend Mary had her birthday party at The Dubliner...the owner actually gave us a private room and everything (for free). Ballin'!
    Right now I'm taking a break from packing for Dublin tomorrow! I made a Google Map with all the things people have suggested we see and do while there. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:25 pm tomorrow and we have one stop along the way...so we're actually not getting to Dublin until 11:30 pm!! We are a 7 minute walk from the happenin' Temple Bar area though, so our Friday night should still be fun. Saturday and Sunday are going to involve a LOT of walking, so I'm preparing myself for that. Can't wait to update ya! Here's a clip you should watch  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqg6BNSUG5Q
it's from Whose Line is it Anyway, the Irish Drinking Song! Love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!